Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Baby Geek Chic!

At some point in everyone's life they begin to notice the different stages of life as they progress through them. For me it started after high school. My friends and I went on our way, began college and began our lives as adults. It was fun, but bittersweet transitioning from teenager to adult. Still, I felt mostly the same as I did in High School.

Then you get to the first one that really shocks you. The marriage phase. In this phase you stop to look at your calender, realizing you have about 5 weddings to go to this year.  This is the first phase where I truly remember looking around and going "holy #$@&!! I am an adult!" My friends and I all have husbands and wives! Careers!  I was a bridesmaid in my sister's weddings, my best friend's wedding, and then they all turned around and flew out to California to be in mine.

(The fun thing being from a different state, Wisconsin, is that the marriage age is different than the coastal marriage age, so my wedding attending phase was twice as long as some folks.) 

And what comes after the Marriage phase? Baby phase!! You think it's odd to think about all your friends grown up and married? Wait till the babies begin! That will really blow your mind! My best friend since I was 12, just a kid myself, has a kid! Another dear friend I've known since the age of 6 had her first child! My next door neighbor? A first born son! And so it only makes sense that as I transition into this new phase of my life, so does my crafting.


These burp cloths were made for a friend of mine for her baby shower! Just to make life's little messes a little more super! (Every baby should have their own super hero sound effects!) I am sure as more friend's and relatives have more little geeklings, more baby geek crafts are on their way!

Until next time,
GoblinGal

#babygeekchic #babygeek #geekburpcloths

No comments:

Post a Comment