Monday, March 10, 2014

Mortal Kombat Sub-Zero Hat




This piece is a copy of the head piece of the character Sub-Zero from the Mortal Kombat series, adapted into a usable winter hat. It was a special order item for a friend of mine who is living out in the Midwest, where the temperatures have been sub-zero quite literally . He wanted a new winter hat, and what better to keep you warm than full ninja hood?

It started as a picture posted on Facebook and a “If you can make that I will give you money.” followed by an over-confident me going “Pssh of course, it’s just a hat, I know how to make a hat shape.”

Have I ever actually made a hat? No.  (Though I do not a basic cap shape.) True to reality, not the over confident visions swirling about in my head, it took a few trials a bit of experimentation. Also way more yarn than I anticipated.  I went through a couple different yarn types and pattern types before I finally figured out what worked best, what allowed the hat to stretch, how to actually get it the right dimensions etc.


After a few revisions and fun with masks, here it is, all finished, and modeled by my lovely husband, who looks much better in this hat than I.



My head, fondly known as "Pin Head" at fighter practice 
looked a bit silly in a men's sized hat.


Thanks for reading! Until next time! Say Goodbye, Subzero!

He's so bashful!



~ By GoblinGal





#MortalKombat #Hat #SubZero #crochet #geekcrochet #geekhat #crochetedhat #subzerohat

No comments:

Post a Comment