Monday, March 31, 2014

Sluggish and Stressed

Today I am feeling a little downtrodden, tired and stressed. There are too many deadlines and not enough time. At this rate I’m going to need April to last twice it’s normal length. I have three deadlines coming up between May 1st and 3rd and only one of them is close to being done. On top of that the last week has been riddled with health issues for both me and my husband, which also prevented working on the house and working on that blasted bathroom.

We had a plan of attack for tiling the shower upstairs, but then I had a lovely cold the first half of last week, (co-worker came in sick) which I then passed to my husband the second half of the week.  So much for productive time. On Sunday, as I went out to shoot archery as I normally do, my brain took one look at the bright sun above, shouted “MIGRAINE!!” and took me out. I stumbled awkwardly through part of a lunch with friends, but had to cut it short to retreat to my cave and sleep it off.  It was my first heavy hitting migraine in a really long time, so today I am still dealing with the “postdrome” effects, which for me include mental sluggishness, exhaustion, and the potential for several “aftershock” headaches. (Which means I may not be able to count on any productive hours after work tonight.)

On the crafting front I am starting to stress about my upcoming craft fair. It is my first one, so basically, all my numbers are theoretical.  I just don’t have the experience to know how much stock to bring, what kind of money I can spend etc, and I’m stressing about actually producing that much goods by then.  I can’t just sit there with an empty table!

Then there is the paper mache art for submission into a book. One: I need to make a bunch of pieces by May 1st TWO: I have absolutely zero muse for this. 3: AGH TOO MANY DEADLINES IN MAY!! 4) I haven’t worked in paper is a long time.

I am trying to organize my time as efficiently as possible, but it has become challenging to divide my time between my 9-5 job, the crafting and the home renos. (Plus add in normal home maintenance and the SCA)  
 My head, at the moment, is a mass of thoughts, random colors, ideas and stress, swirling in a maddeningly sluggish vortex of a post-migraine brain.

This too, shall pass. I know.  I’ll get it all worked out, but boy, it’s going to be one hell of a ride until then.

Thanks for reading, see you next time.
~ By GoblinGal


#Migraine #Postdrome #Deadlines #CraftFairs #Stressed

No comments:

Post a Comment